MOBILITY IN SMART CITIES
Understanding new challenges
The mobility ecosystem is rapidly evolving, whereby we see the rise of new stakeholders and services. Examples of these are the presence of connected and automated vehicles, a large group of organisations that rally to establish various forms of shared mobility, with the pinnacle being all of these incorporated into a large MaaS ecosystem. As these new forms of mobility offerings start to appear within cities, so do the new ways in which data are being generated, collected, and stored. Analysing this Big data with suitable artificial intelligence techniques becomes more paramount, as it leads to insights in the performance of certain mobility solutions, and is able to highlight mobility needs of citizens in a broader context, in addition to a rise in new risks and various socio-economic impacts.
The workshop addresses among others the following topics:
- How has the role of particular stakeholders changed in the recent years?
- Are there new types of stakeholders present or upcoming in the field?
- What are the most important challenges you see in the mobility sector?
- Are the tools used traditionally in the mobility sector sufficient or do you see the need for changes? What should the “new” tools fulfil?
- How to measure suitability of existing tools for the new tasks?
The workshop audience shall consist of municipality representatives, academia and research organization as well as commercial companies’ representatives to help understand the topic in a broad perspective. The workshop will be interactive, the audience will participate on feedback collection (using instant survey tools) and discussion.
Opening by workshop moderator and presentation about nuMIDAS project and overview about the mobility tools and new challenges.
Open Panel Discussion
“Mobility in Smart Cities: Understanding new challenges”